Saturday 27 April 2013

Sea Creature

Our task for this week was to create an underwater creature. My design should be instantly recognisable as an underwater creature by the use of key real world reference and elements such as scales, fins, gills, mouth shape, eye design, webbing, etc. 




Here's my mood board.
I've looked into different part of a sea creatures. Trying to understand the body structure and different shapes.  




The picture above shows a picture of a turtle which is fuse with a shark and an angler fish. The other creature is a hammer shark with a body structure of a bat.


The one on the left is a Nautilus with arms and legs. 
The one on right has an octopus's head with a pincer as for the tail.

WIP








Added lights then render it out into Photoshop 







I am quite please with the outcome however, I noticed that the legs are awkward. For the future reference, I should do some research on leg anatomy in order for me to get the right shape and muscle toning. 



No comments:

Post a Comment