Saturday 12 January 2013

Wrinkles











I didn't want him to stand because it shows no emotion. 




I went with a bow instead of a katana because its too obvious. Most old samurai would be an archer.



Getting the right pose, looked at reference for the armour.




Trying out some face expressions and looking at their armour that they wore.


I wanted to draw something very traditional so i went with japanese culture (Samurai).
I won't be capturing his whole body, only his upper torso which allow us to see his face clearer.



After that, I looked in depth with wrinkle and how it was created. Done some researches on the human face with muscle diagrams. Explaining how wrinkles goes opposite directions with muscle lines.



My new assignment was to create anything that has wrinkles. So i've done some research on wrinkles in general through games, artists, old people and some creatures.


No comments:

Post a Comment